As of now many of our young graduates are being unemployed. The ratio of job is now a days 1:10. We may strong in other aspects but whatever it may be first of all we have to clear the aptitude part in any companies. The aptitudes and reasoning is being one of the scoring part in the question papers for interviews and government exams.
How to crack these exams?
The aptitude part consists of many parts. Even if we don’t know about the topics fully. We should know the basics at least. The IBPS guide helps us with many worked and unworked problems with examples. We can make use of these examples and practices by using this guide. It has all the shortcuts and formulas for each and every section.
Let’s discuss some example questions about boats and streams
- A boat can travel with a speed of 13 km/hrin still water. If the speed of the stream is 4 km/hr, find the time taken by the boat to go 68 km downstream.
- 2 hours B) 3 hours C) 4hours D) 5hours
- A man’s speed with the current is 15 km/hr and the speed of the current is 2.5 km/hr. The man’s speed against the current is:
- 5km/hr B) 9km/hr C) 10km/hr D) 12.5km/hr
- A boat running upstream takes 8 hours 48 minutes to cover a certain distance, while it takes 4 hours to cover the same distance running downstream. What is the ratio between the speed of the boat and speed of the water current respectively?
- 2:1 B) 3:2 C) 8:3 D) Cannot be determined E) None of these
|4. A motorboat, whose speed in 15 km/hr in still water goes 30 km downstream and comes back in a total of 4 hours 30 minutes. The speed of the stream (in km/hr) is:
A) 4 B) 5 C) 6 D) 10
5. In one hour, a boat goes 11 km/hr along the stream and 5 km/hr against the stream. The speed of the boat in still water (in km/hr) is:
A) 3km/hr B)5km/hr C) 8km/hr D) 9km/hr
6. A boat running downstream covers a distance of 16 km in 2 hours while for covering the same distance upstream, it takes 4 hours. What is the speed of the boat in still water?
A) 4km/hr B)6km/hr C)8km/hr D) Data inadequate
7. The speed of a boat in still water in 15 km/hr and the rate of current is 3 km/hr. The distance travelled downstream in 12 minutes is:
A) 1.2km B) 1.8km C) 2.4km D) 3.6km
8. A boat takes 90 minutes less to travel 36 miles downstream than to travel the same distance upstream. If the speed of the boat in still water is 10 mph, the speed of the stream is:
A) 2mph B) 2.5mph C) 3mph D) 4mph
9. A man can row at 5 kmph in still water. If the velocity of current is 1 kmph and it takes him 1 hour to row to a place and come back, how far is the place?
A) 2.4km B) 2.5km C) 3km D) 3.6km
10. A boat covers a certain distance downstream in 1 hour, while it comes back in 1 hours. If the speed of the stream be 3 kmph, what is the speed of the boat in still water?
A) 12kmph B) 13kmph C)14kmph D) 15kmph E) None of these